The idea that inspired me to do my portrait came out of the magazine we were looking in class, Somerset Digital Studio Spring 2011.
It was a bit of a challenge because when I decided to try to do it at home I didn't have the magazine. It definitely doesn't look the same and one of the reasons is that the original image from the magazine was drawn by the author. I ended up buying the magazine at a bookstore to start my own "personal library of references".
I got a picture of myself in a bar...
A funky background for my hair that I got from Google images. I used the multiply blending mode and some transparency to get the look I wanted.)
Some limes for my drink...
Created a "disco mood"
Went 70's on my wardrobe :D and...
After a couple of masks and blending modes I created this master piece!
Take a look at the process:














