To my mother...
A picture of my mother from the 60's...
This picture I took myself with my friend's Iphone. We were at a cafe in Soho when I did it...
I had this lovely picture that I took and I've been meaning to use it somehow. I was also seen some pictures of my mother when she was younger and I realized that I look some much like her. So instead of using a picture of me for the exercise, I scanned this one of my mom... So I extracted her from the background of the picture and added a layer with different background color. I used the filter to add noise to the solid color of the background. I placed the picture I took at the cafe on a layer underneath the 2 color fill layers and used a normal blending mode to create a texture to the whole image. On top of all layers I wrote a poem of Pablo Neruda, a Chilean poet. The typeface I used I downloaded from the website dafont.com and it is called Jellyka Gare de Chambord.
















