Buenos Aires

I'm from Brazil and I think now-a-days is no secret that we are crazy about soccer... And so as the Argentinians. For that reason we, Brazilians, hold some "rivalry" against Argentinians and vice and verse. Also because of some economic issues, size of the country, who is more good looking... but deep down we're like brothers. We have a saying that goes: Brazilians love to hate Argentina and Argentinians hate to love Brazil. I, on the other hand, love Argentina unconditionally! And Argentinians, and Buenos Aires (their DC), and their food and wine. They have a rich culture and the best movies in the world... and they have the TANGO... So as a homage to my neighbors down south, I did this:


I got this amazing Kandinsky paint and used as a background for the couple who are dancing the tango. Those where the original images:



The process was kind of simple. I extracted the couple from their original background and retouched the level of the image so I could get a more contrasting and saturated image since the background is full of strong and warm colors. I went filter - artistic - dry brush and got almost the same aspect of the Kandinsky paint and then I blurred a little so it would mix better with the background. Again, for the image of the dancers be more part of the background, I added a filter - average under a clipping mask and then I blended the couple with the background using the Multiply effect. I did the same for the music notes.


 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine