For this work I've decided to do a piece that would have (in my opinion) the work of the world's most inspiring painters of all times and build a "fresco" which means mural painting types, done on plaster on walls or ceilings made during the Renaissance. The images below were the paintings I used create my final piece. I extracted and redefined the edges of the most important figures of each painting and retouched their levels so they could be similar in tonality.
Van Gogh
Botticelli
Frida Kahlo
Monet
Matisse
Michelangelo
Da Vinci
Picasso
Portinari
Andy Warhol
Like this:
For each of the extractions I tried different blending modes until I got a composition that I was happy with. I also added a green background that I thought it matched best with the tones of the images I had. I used the filter to "blur average" and get the same aspect for all images. In the end, on top of all layers I added the same green background, only with 20% opacity and 60% fill and used some gaussian blur and 8% of noise to give the whole image the same texture.
The Final piece looks like this:
Fresco
And since I was done I decided to "play" a little with my "fresco" and decided to try something more modern. So I came up with the OPT ART fresco:
This one I've done going to image - adjustments - threshold. I also changed the level of the image to give more brightness and contrast. Than I just duplicated the layers and made them small to create this "mirrored" effect.
The process:
























